Fancy something a little different to dock your iPod or iPhone with? iPod docks are dime a dozen, but how many of them are actually green and good for the environment? The Reverb solar-powered iPod dock from Regen is one of them, where it is capable of offering up to a dozen hours of continuous playback on a full charge. If you thought that Regen’s Renu is one impressive solar powered iPod dock, the Regen ReVerb is all the more. Once placed in sunlight, the photovoltaic panel on the ReVerb will begin gathering light and storing power in its Lithium Iron Phosphate battery. When charged, the ReVerb can provide up to 12 hours of high quality audio reproduction of the media files stored on an iPhone, iPod or any media player with a headphone jack and can run for a longer period of time when used in solar/electric hybrid mode.
Designed to provide brilliant acoustic output that sounds flawless, the ReVerb has a friendly user interface that provides feedback on the amount of power remaining in its battery, how much energy has been gathered over time and how satisfied it is with the user’s power generation and consumption habits. It is three feet tall and does 60 watts worth of power.
Specifications of the ReVerb at a glance:
• Operating temperature: 0-60Âº C
• Non operating temperature: 20-90Âº C
• Recommended humidity: Will operate at 95% RH
• Apple 30 pin connector
• USB mini B socket: (power and data) allows ReVerb to be charged from the wall or another USB power supply (like a laptop).
• 2 USB A sockets (power only) allows up to 1.5A charging at 5V
• Headphone: 3.5 TRS Connector
• Audio input: 3.5 TRS Connector
The ReVerb will be available April next year for a $2,299.
Mophie Juice Pack for iPhone 6...
Desktop Charging Dock Station ...
Belkin PowerHouse Charge Dock ...
Desktop Charger Stand Docking ...